March Nutrition Month – When should you see a Registered Dietitian?
March is Nutrition Month and the theme for 2023 is Unlock the Potential of Food.
This campaign is bringing awareness about how Registered Dietitians use specialized knowledge and skills to translate the science of nutrition and food in terms that everyone can understand.
Here are some reasons to see a Registered Dietitian:
- You want to prevent or manage a health condition (Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, etc.)
- You have a digestive issue like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Celiac Disease, etc.
- You have a food allergy or intolerance.
- You would like accurate and practical advice to improve your relationship with food.
Registered Dietitians have the skills and expertise to help you look beyond nutrition fads and provide you with trusted nutrition information.
- A Registered Dietitian can work with you to make mealtimes more enjoyable by giving strategies to get your child interested in trying new foods.
- You want to learn more about plant-based foods and how to incorporate them to your meals and snacks.
- You are looking for ways to save money on your food cost without compromising nutrition.
- You are looking to improve your athletic performance by fueling your body properly.
The bottom line is whether you are looking to improve your relationship with food or manage health conditions, Registered Dietitians can help with up-to-date science to understand the connection between food and your physical, mental and emotional health.
Check our Walk & Talk with a Dietitian March calendar, for an opportunity to speak with a dietitian.